I was talking to a young lady recently who was dismayed with her current job and I asked her what she was passionate about. She paused and said she didn’t know.
I wonder how many of you are in the same boat? You get up morning after morning and you commit to the same routine like you’re on auto-pilot. Do you know what your purpose is?
Here’s a few questions you can ask yourself to determine if you’re living by design:
- Does the work you do make you feel good about yourself?
- Does it make you want to jump out of of bed in the morning?
- Do you lose track of time when you’re doing it?
- Do you share it with everyone you meet?
- Would you do it for free if you had to?
If you want to repurpose your life and live by design the following is a great place to start:
- Take a journey back to your childhood and remember the career dreams you had.
- Think about what makes you cry, smile or brings you to anger.
- Create a dream board and see what speaks to your heart.
- Reflect on what you love and where your strengths lie.
I heard Shelene Bryan say, “We get so comfortable making a living that we are not living.” I hope this is not true of you but if it is, find where community need intersects with your purpose and go change the world.